Top 7 Reasons to Pre-Plan Your Funeral in Melbourne
While it’s not something a lot of people consider during the course of their lives, a funeral is something that is mostly inevitable. At some point when you pass away, chances are that you will be either buried or cremated. While this can be dealt with by those around you when you’re gone, there are a number of very good reasons for pre planning a funeral. With many options for funeral services in Melbourne, it may be easier than you think to prepare in advance. Some of the reasons to pre-plan your funeral include:
1. Making it easier for your loved ones: By arranging your funeral in advance, you are doing a great act of kindness for your loved ones. This is because when you pass away, no one will be left needing to organise your service. It is a highly emotional time for family and friends when they lose a loved one and they will definitely appreciate not needing to figure out the details of your funeral when you’re gone.
2. Having it carried out your way: It is great to know that if you pre-plan your funeral, you can have it done exactly the way you want. As this is not something often discussed amongst families, those arranging your funeral after you pass (if you don’t pre-plan) can feel conflicted as to how exactly you may have wanted it to go.
3. Lock in the cost: By paying in advance, you will ensure that the price for your service remains the same. Inflation is causing the average funeral cost to increase, but you can prevent having to pay any more than you need to.
4. Do it for those who will be at your service: People will grieve for you, and one thing they really want is closure and the peace of mind that you are resting easy. Attending your funeral service and knowing that it is happening exactly the way you wanted it to is a huge emotional support for everyone. It can assist in healing.
5. Tie up your loose ends: This is just one of a few things that you can do to make sure your affairs are in order and that there aren’t too many things that need to be handled after you pass.
6. Time: Usually when somebody dies, the funeral service is arranged quite quickly. In pre-planning, you can take all the time you need to make the best decisions for you.
7. You can work with the right people: When it comes time for you to be laid to rest, your family will need to communicate with the funeral company. By pre-planning, you can ensure that you find the right people that will console them and be sensitive to their needs. Contact us today by calling 1300 262 797 for more information.
Inarguably, there are a countless number of convincing reasons to arrange your funeral in advance. Do you have any more to add to the list? Let us know by leaving a comment.