Fixed Price Cremations is committed to providing client families with the highest level of customer service. This includes protecting our clients’ privacy. From the 21st of December 2001, we are bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, (Privacy Amendment Act 2000) which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Following is the information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to our clients.
- the types of information we may collect from you;
- how we collect that information;
- the purposes for which information is used, and;
- details on how you can access your personal details from Fixed Price Cremations.
Your personal information:
In order for Fixed Price Cremations to provide information and services to you, it may be necessary to request and record personal information surrounding the deceased person and related parties.
This information may extend to, but is not limited to: names, dates of birth, places of birth, current and previous addresses, occupations, employer details, telephone/mobile numbers, credit card or bank account details, e-mail addresses, of Fixed Price Cremations client families’.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the services that depend on the collection of that information.
How we collect personal information:
So that Fixed Price Cremations can provide services and information to you, we may need to collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- details gathered when initial contact is made by client families enquiring about cremations or related services;
- information gathered at the arrangement conference;
- from our own records if applicable;
- from third parties, including doctors, hospitals, cemeteries etc, where such information is required to provide services.
- from the details clients provide via interaction with the Fixed Price Cremations website (such information will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided).
How we use your personal information:
Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to carry out the services you require and to provide requested information;
- inform you of initiatives and post-related services which are available to our client families;
- billing and debt recovery functions.
You have the right to advise us that you do not want us to send information to you other than for the main reason that we have collected your personal details.
Access to your personal information:
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold.
If you require access to your personal information, please contact us on 1300 262 797 or via the contact form on this site.
More information about Privacy Law and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au